[C-safe-secure-studygroup] Update from the recent MIRA meeting

Andrew Banks andrew at andrewbanks.com
Thu Feb 9 15:30:55 UTC 2017

Hi all on list

In very simple terms, the position of MISRA is as follows:

*	As Cat C Liaison to WG14, MISRA C will support (and hopefully contribute to) the planned update to ISO TS 17960
*	There are no immediate plans to "contribute" MISRA C into a combined document, either within the ISO remit or under a CERT banner.
*	It was agreed that the MISRA Project Manager discuss with RCS possible grounds for collaboration
*	In the meanwhile, development of enhancements to MISRA C to incorporate C11 will continue

*	Furthermore, some discussion was had regarding making the MISRA rule headlines more readily-available (in a semi-controlled fashion)  and/or revisions to the licencing of documents and other IPR.  This will be discussed further in due course.

Kind regards
Andrew