[C-safe-secure-studygroup] On MISRA C:2012 Rule 5.2

Paul Sherwood paul.sherwood at codethink.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 15:36:52 UTC 2017

All,
On 2017-02-23 16:11, Paul Sherwood wrote:
> On 2017-02-23 15:52, Martin Sebor wrote:
>> I do have to confess I'm not too thrilled to spend my own money on
>> this.
>
> I'm meeting with David Ward from MIRA tomorrow, to discuss this
> initiative and other things. If you can hold off until next week, I'll
> see what can be done about the costs.

To summarise, we had a constructive discussion on Friday - Robert
Seacord and Andrew Banks dialled in, while I met F2F with David Ward.
The key take-aways from my POV

- we clarified that this is a community initiative, not funded by CERT
or ISO

- we agreed that we all benefit if we can reduce friction and encourage
more collaboration

- MISRA folks are willing to make PDF versions of the documents
available to study group members at no charge (I'm hoping Andrew can
help sort out the logistics of that in the short term)

- we agreed to follow up with a further discussion (in CW10) to figure
out how best to collaborate

Robert, Andrew - would you like to comment on the details of the
standards discussion from the meeting?

br
Paul