[C-safe-secure-studygroup] The intentions of MISRA C Rule 7.2

Clive Pygott clivepygott at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 13:45:58 UTC 2017

You're right, we are spending a ridiculous amount of time on this - it
should have been a quick triage of wanted, not wanted or we'll think about
it later

Its looking like a lot of people are loosing patience as well. We've gone
from 25 people when we started to 8 a month ago, to 5 the week before last

As far as 7.2 is concerned, I for one didn't find the Rationale,
Amplification and Examples helpful - because its not clear whether they
should be read as strict standardise or English - and that's what we spent
an hour discussing!  It didn't help that I made the same point you made -
about this being tied in with the essential type model - and got thoroughly
slapped down by Chris Tapp and Liz who argued forcefully that the essential
type model is irrelevant to 7.2

     Clive