[C-safe-secure-studygroup] Chat discussion - 2017/03/22

Robert Seacord rcseacord at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 18:08:22 UTC 2017

Seems like my audio dropped off right at the end of the call.  It feels a
lot like being a ghost.... i can hear everyone but no one can hear me.  8^)

from Robert Seacord to Everyone:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nK050lGB0XJUhlhdPZ678F7c5489S_Htu0e6-LQTeIA/edit
from Roberto Bagnara to Everyone:
It seems to me that we are oscillating between the view "we want to specify
what tools should be able to do" and the view "we want to specify how
people should write code".
from Robert Seacord to Everyone:
we may be, but we should be locking into requirements for tools
from Roberto Bagnara to Everyone:
For me it is clear that a tool should be able to properly identify all
unised stuff.
from Robert Seacord to Everyone:
yes, but should it be required to to be considered conformant?
from Robert Seacord to Everyone:
i think we think so.
from Roberto Bagnara to Everyone:
This was MISRA-C:2004 rule 5.7