[C-safe-secure-studygroup] chat notes from call

Robert Seacord rcseacord at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 17:31:07 UTC 2017

these are the chat notes from the call.  they are mostly from Clive who
wasn't able to use his audio connection.  I tried to remove the private
messages, even though none of them were even vaguely incriminating.

from Clive Pygott to Everyone:
Hi Everyone
from Clive Pygott to Everyone:
There was on Aaron and me!
from Aaron Ballman to Everyone:
10.4, Clive
from Clive Pygott to Everyone:
I'm voting yes
from Clive Pygott to Everyone:
Wrap around for unsigned is allowed
from Clive Pygott to Everyone:
Overflow in signed isn't
from Clive Pygott to Everyone:
Corection - Wrap arounf in unsigned ints isn't allowed in literal
expressions
from Clive Pygott to Everyone:
10.6 isn't primarily about portability - its developer expectation
from Clive Pygott to Everyone:
The concern is that  the developer may think  ui32 = ui16 + ui16   is
calculatated int the target type
from Clive Pygott to Everyone:
MISRA C++ - not MISRA C!
from Clive Pygott to Everyone:
I don't think we are well coordinated as you think
from Clive Pygott to Everyone:
I believe that's correct
from Clive Pygott to Everyone:
I think the answer is No
from Clive Pygott to Everyone:
If it existed and worked, I and Fulvio would be out of work
from Aaron Ballman to Everyone:
That would be Very Bad. I'll make sure we don't open source our product. ;-)
from Clive Pygott to Everyone:
Yes
from Clive Pygott to Everyone:
Bye  In a couple of weeks I should be able to talk!
from Clive Pygott to Everyone:
I'll be there