[C-safe-secure-studygroup] Feedback request: applicable licence(s) and publication approach for your contributions here

Clive Pygott clivepygott at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 13:11:18 BST 2018

Hi Paul

I broadly agree with your argument, regarding the status of the documents
and the email discussion, but a few observations:

   - Whilst I believe that ISO charge for copies of the current version of
   TS17961, it is possible to negotiate a 'no cost' distribution. WG23
   (software vulnerabilities) did this, and that is available at no cost on a
   public web site, and I notice SC27 has a similar proposal out for
   discussion. This appears to require the working group to make a business
   case to the next level of ISO management to justify why free distribution
   would be appropriate - as our aim is to improve the quality of safety and
   security related software, you'd hope this was an easy sell
   - The idea of email discussions being open and published documents and
   drafts having restricted access is the common model for standards
   development, but note that the licencing requirements trump the 'email
   discussion is open' argument. You cannot send say the existing TS17961
   to the reflector and use that as an argument that it should be freely
   available

     Clive