[C-safe-secure-studygroup] 2019 Apr WG14 meeting TS17961 brief (proposed)

Wilson, Charles Charles.Wilson at draeger.com
Tue Apr 16 16:34:42 BST 2019

Since the 2018 Oct WG14 meeting TS17961 has continued its evaluation of the 2012 MISRA C rules to determine their applicability in the security realm.

We have had several high-profile members step away due to the demands of their positions. The remaining members feel strongly that the mission of the study group is definitely worth pursuing.

We have reached out to Microsoft (Visual Studio) and Synopsis (Coverity) to gain their participation. Microsoft has been positive and recommended a member of their code analysis team. Synopsis has not responded. We should send out a request via INCITS as have other groups.

It was determined that TS17961 does not belong to WG14, but rather to PL22. This has presented a problem in that WG14 never petitioned PL22 for ownership of the group. ISO will not provide teleconference support to study groups unless their chairs are added to the support staff of the owning body. Neither the PL22 nor WG14 chairs have responded to repeated requests to open dialogs (of any kind). Member companies have been kindly providing teleconference support for the study group.

Ask for WG14: make a formal request to PL22 for ownership of TS17961 and add Charles Wilson to the support staff.

Action items from 2018 Oct WG14 meeting:

  1.  A new chair (Charles Wilson) was elected.
  2.  We have reached out to MISRA on several occasions and have yet to establish their requirements for usage of their IP. Our belief is that they will ask for monetary compensation as this was required of them to use the ISO IP.

Charles Wilson
Senior Architect
Dräger Medical Systems

---
This communication contains confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please return this email to the sender and delete it from your records.

Diese Nachricht enthaelt vertrauliche Informationen. Sollten Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger dieser E-mail sein, senden Sie bitte diese an den Absender zurueck und loeschen Sie die E-mail aus Ihrem System.