[C-safe-secure-studygroup] Future 1 - update existing security rules (C18 / parallelism)

Clive Pygott clivepygott at gmail.com
Thu May 30 09:51:25 BST 2019

I'm strongly in favour of us doing this, as maintenance of a
standard/specification is something that needs to be done at regular
intervals.

I'd see this involving:

   - review of TS17961 for any changes needed to bring it into line with C18
   - consider proposals for new rules, such as in the area of parallelism -
   but not limited to that

I've also been wondering if there would be an advantage is splitting the
rules into those that relate to the use of the language (like 'all calls to
the system function shall be diagnosed') and those that are more at the
algorithmic level (like the relationship between tainted sources, tainted
sinks and sanitisation)

        Clive