[Trustable-distros] Static Code Analysis Metrics

Edmund Sutcliffe edmundsutcliffe at codethink.com
Wed Jul 11 09:37:48 BST 2018

On the whole yes... I still believe we should run static analysis on the
code base to see what variances there might be. In the same way as I
believe there is some value in the behavior around syntax and style
checkers to provide some metrics about the work needed to improve
things.

If you look at the reproducible builds project
       https://reproducible-builds.org
They have found issues in resolving the builds which was turned up with
some of their tooling which
has led to them working with the dependent packages to have these issues
fixed.
I feel we may encounter similar things and have to offer some changes to
existing projects to reduce the worst excesses found by lint/static
anaylsis

Edmund