[trustable-software] Fwd: Notes from the call with Robert Seacord

Robert Seacord Robert.Seacord at nccgroup.trust
Fri Nov 4 17:31:31 UTC 2016

I don't know anything about OGC or PCI, but the description of the ISO/IEC process is inaccurate.  There used to be a certification for the C standard, and it was run by the individual countries (NIST in the US, BSI in the UK), not by ISO or IEC.  Now there isn't even a certification for the C standard; there is nothing to be lost by anyone.

TS 17961 was published by ISO in 2013, without a certification process, and without being squashed by lawyers.  Static analysis tools have been allowed to exist for much longer than that, without being attacked by the lawyers of any certification organization.

Thanks,
rCs