[trustable-software] Is 'safe + secure' equivalent to 'trustable', or a subset?

trustable at panic.fluff.org trustable at panic.fluff.org
Thu Nov 24 09:01:53 UTC 2016

It is my view that "trustable" is the right concept.

It is my view that "secure" is a similar concept.

Both terms require the ability provide chains of custody supported by
testable evidence that the behaviour of the system is understood. This
seems to match with Duncan's statement of it being an emergent property of
the delivery of a system.

This is why, I believe it is key we look at things as series of evidencial
tests supported by reasoned arguments about why these tests support the
understanding.

I also feel strongly that the ability to compare these tests between
systems working in similar fields to be crucial to gaining common
understanding.

In the same way we use XBRL to compare business one with another, being
able to compare the testing frameworks and the results allows us to show
that software is consistently "trustable"

Edmund