[trustable-software] OpenControl, Mustard

Niall Dalton niall.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 15:52:18 UTC 2016

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 7:23 AM, Paul Sherwood <
paul.sherwood at codethink.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm starting to imagine a whole framework of metadata flow from compliance
> and requirements, through build instructions to test specifications, with
> YAML as the lingua franca, and everything in Git.

​This sounds like a vast improvement over the depressingly common
'management by Jira' approach (where Jira tends to be some ad hoc mix of
jira+confluence+plugins). I think keeping these close to the code is not
only preferable for the engineers, it enables tooling, and also prevents
management from inhaling their own fumes too frequently.

I'd encourage you to go further than build+test though -- e.g. through
deployment image creation (such as a rkt or docker container file) and
clustering (e.g. kubernetes pod spec).
 ​