[trustable-software] From security to safety, or the other way around?

Paul Sherwood paul.sherwood at codethink.co.uk
Tue Sep 27 11:55:16 UTC 2016

Hi chaps,
it's great to see that established communities like CERT and MISRA are
recognising the need to bring safety + security together. Unfortunately
I'm not qualified to comment on the details of which direction to push,
as i said.

But recognising that creating more and more standards is probably wrong
[1], can I ask you both directly:

Would there be any chance to establish an open source model for MISRA
and/or CERT, with a view to establish a shared understanding of
best-practice together?

My dream scenario would be if we could somehow get to

- a publicly accessible git repository (e.g. on Github, GitLab or
similar)
- containing markdown text
- of one or the other standard (or maybe both)
- licensed in a permissive way
- supporting contributors
- with public discussion and community-led process to drive towards
even more widely applicable norms/standards.

br
Paul

[1] https://xkcd.com/927/