[trustable-software] From security to safety, or the other way around?

Gerald Harris gerald.harris at t-online.de
Wed Sep 28 19:15:24 UTC 2016

Thank you for this statement, I agree from the bottom of my heart. This is a point which in many respects is similar to Paul’s statements in the original invitation to discussion. There he compared open source and closed source software, asking which is more likely to be trustworthy. Here we have a standard which is “closed source” unless you are willing to pay the entrance fee. How is a key contribution to safety (or security) expected to engender trust if it remains hidden?