[trustable-software] [Request for Participation] Safety/Security Rules Study Group for C programming

Laurence Urhegyi laurence.urhegyi at codethink.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 16:47:19 UTC 2017

On 03/01/17 12:53, Paul Sherwood wrote:
> Just a quick reminder for any late joiners.
>
> The study group is up and running and will have its kick-off meeting
> tomorrow 4th January.
>
> Please reply to Laurence or Robert if you haven't already signed up, but
> would like to get involved.
>
> br
> Paul
>
> On 2016-11-20 11:46, Paul Sherwood wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Following discussions on this list and f2f, and at the ISO/EIC meeting
>> in Pittsburgh, re continued maintenance and development of TS 17961, C
>> Secure Coding Rules, Robert Seacord reports that it has become clear
>> post-meeting that sufficient interest has been generated to create a
>> Safety/Security Rules Study Group.  This is a call for participation in
>> that Study Group.
>>
>> The charter of the group is:
>>
>> 1.  To study the problem of adding coverage for safety-critical and
>> safety/security-critical issues into the existing C Secure Coding Rules
>> TS.
>>
>> 2.  To study the problem of addressing safety and security issues
>> related to parts of the C standard not currently covered by the TS, such
>> as concurrency.
>>
>> 3.  To propose updates to TS 17961 based on these studies and based on
>> experience gained with the TS since its publication.
>>
>> 4.  To recommend to WG 14 a course of action for the resulting document,
>> such as creating a new edition of the TS, or making it into an
>> International Standard.
>>
>> If you would like to participate, please contact Robert Seacord
>> <rcseacord at gmail.com>, who has agreed to serve as the initial Chair of
>> the Study Group.
>>
>> Robert will announce the organizational meeting of the Study Group on
>> this list, and we'll provide updates and links to the work-in-progress
>> as it happens.
>>
>> br
>> Paul

Hi all,

The inaugural meeting for the C Safety and Security Study Group went
ahead last night, and it now plans to meet every two weeks, roughly on
the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month (with the option for this to be
amended based on availability per meeting).

The mailing list for the study group is public and can be found here:

All previous posts to the list can be found here:

https://lists.trustable.io/pipermail/c-safe-secure-studygroup/

Thanks,

--
Laurence Urhegyi
Project Manager

Codethink Ltd
302 Ducie House
37 Ducie Street
Manchester
M1 2JW
UK

Codethink delivers cutting edge open source design, development and
integration services - from embedded stack software to advanced ux

http://codethink.co.uk
Office: +44 161 236 5575