[trustable-software] Trustable Software next steps

Paul Sherwood paul.sherwood at codethink.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 09:57:17 UTC 2017

Hi all,
On 2016-11-04 11:49, Paul Sherwood wrote:
<snip>
> Over the coming months I'll be asking partners, colleagues, customers
> and friends to consider how they can best contribute also.

Just a couple of quick updates:

1) Codethink public contributions
Due to some urgent project requirements, Codethink's core contributors
are busy elsewhere for the moment, so Codethink's engineering activity
on process/model is suspended for a short while (we'll still deliver our
2FTE commitment over this full year, I'm sure)

2) Private list
At a multi-party meeting last week, we established that some potential
contributors want to discuss some aspects of their needs and involvement
on a private list, so I agreed to create one (called trustable-private).
IIUC there are two key reasons for this:

- some people are expressly not permitted to comment in public, as a
result of their employment terms or cultural norms in their organisation
- some have never commented on public lists before, and would like to
get familiar with the discussion and practices in private, before
'stepping out'

I'm happy to facilitate and contribute to private discussions (since I'm
involved in many already), but I expect that I'll be mainly encouraging
people to bring the meat of the conversations out into the open whenever
possible.

As David A. Wheeler said on the C Study Group list recently [1],
"sunlight is the best disinfectant".

br
Paul

[1]