[trustable-software] Another straw man...

Chaiken, Alison alison at she-devel.com
Wed Jul 5 01:04:27 UTC 2017

The direction this effort is going is admirable, but the termination of
the pipeline at 'deployment' surprises me.   Shouldn't ongoing support,
at least in the form of bug fixes and security patches, be a necessary
aspect of trustability?   Purchasers of software for safety-critical
devices commonly expect 10 years of support, at least as part of a
contract.   Is support outside of the scope of the discussion?

-- Alison

---
Alison Chaiken                      alison at she-devel.com, 650-279-5600
http://{ she-devel.com, exerciseforthereader.org }
"We are giving up our privacy, one convenience at a time." -- Evangelos
Simoudis