[trustable-software] Evidence for Trustable software

trustable at panic.fluff.org trustable at panic.fluff.org
Thu Sep 14 11:58:48 UTC 2017

Part of delivering a piece of trustable software  is in providing evidence
in a consistent and reliable manner, perhaps from the test frameworks or
perhaps by providing documents supporting your argument.

I've been looking at how the lawyers do this as a result of recent
dieselgate events and also the soon onset of EU-GDPR rules which hit
organisations in April next year.

As part of that I've been reading about Wigmore charts
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Henry_Wigmore

Interestingly these can be transformed into direct graphs to which you can
look at the claims issues by your arguments and evidence provided.

http://www.arg.dundee.ac.uk/people/chris/publications/2006/comma2006-wig.pdf

I was wondering if anyone has been involved these sorts of deliveries of
evidence and whether this approach might not be something which could be
emebed into construction of continuous reporting systems to show you meet
the claims issued on a trustable software piece.

Edmund