[trustable-software] Exploring the "Hypothesis for software to be trustable"
jmunns at jaguarlandrover.com
Wed Jan 3 09:28:56 GMT 2018
Heres our 'guidelines'.... suggest we include 'agreed'... which.. by
inference includes 'understood'.
- Atomic - only one statement, e.g. it should be blue, not it should be
blue and made of plastic
- •Unambiguous – clear and understandable, only one possible meaning
- •Complete - it should not need further explanation
- •Concise – keep it short and simple
- •Traced to a source – where did this requirement come from?
- •Verifiable – expressed so that it can be quantitatively or
- •Correct – accurately describes what needs to be delivered
- •Agreed – reviewed and signed off by all stakeholders
On 3 January 2018 at 07:40, Andrew Banks <andrew at andrewbanks.com> wrote:
> Morning Paul (and the group)... and HNY to you all
> Far be it for me to challenge the combined wisdom of Wikipedia, for
> measures for requirements specification I usually consider (as a minimum)
> the six Cs.
> Clear, Concise, Correct, Coherent, Complete and Confirmable.
> Your list covers four of these... so I would suggest the additional
> inclusion of Concise and Correct
> # t.requirements (derived from wikipedia )
> - t.requirements MUST be unitary
> - t.requirements MUST be atomic (non-conjugated)
> - t.requirements MUST be complete C5
> - Complete
> - t.requirements MUST be consistent C4
> - Coherent
> - t.requirements MUST be traceable
> - t.requirements MUST be current
> - t.requirements MUST be unambiguous C1 - Clear?
> - t.requirements MUST be verifiable C6
> - Confirmable
> - t.requirements MAY be graded by priority/importance
> Kind regards
> trustable-software mailing list
> trustable-software at lists.trustable.io
Jon Munns MBA
Chief Engineer Vehicle Domain Controller
Jaguar Land Rover Electrical
Int Tel: 8794 9812
Tel: +44 7880 401 047
Jaguar Land Rover Limited
Registered Office: Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry CV3 4LF
Registered in England No: 1672070
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the trustable-software