[trustable-software] Exploring the "Hypothesis for software to be trustable"

trustable at panic.fluff.org trustable at panic.fluff.org
Wed Jan 24 12:33:53 GMT 2018

Perhaps we shouldn't use 'Specifications' perhaps we should say they are
'intents' Intents are what we intend to have the system shall do. We can
confirm this range of methods including tests.. but in fact these will
change as we learn about things in the construction process.

    How does that feel ?
 	Edmund

On Wed, 24 Jan 2018, Andrew Banks wrote:

> Hi Paul

> On reflection I think 'Specifications' may be muddying the waters.
>
> I'm reluctant to introduce the concept of 'plans', not least because
> many of the plans i see in practice are works of fiction :)

Good point, well made :(

> Maybe it's better to drop 'specifications' and avoid 'plans', by
> referring to changes/issues (which we've already mentioned earlier in
> the document):

I'd go with that... KISS in action :-)