[trustable-software] No hypervisor required...

Paul Sherwood paul.sherwood at codethink.co.uk
Mon Jun 18 09:32:32 BST 2018

Thanks Niall, Gerald.

Here's a link to Duncan's original comment (which I've now marked as
resolved) for posterity

https://docs.google.com/a/codethink.co.uk/document/d/1H8ymdyAxKqBHTDPWY_ltQOwihRQ3iIzTqxjuYQXF8O4/edit?disco=AAAAB6DYk8A

I also wanted to provide a link to Maciej Wolny's comments at:

https://docs.google.com/a/codethink.co.uk/document/d/1H8ymdyAxKqBHTDPWY_ltQOwihRQ3iIzTqxjuYQXF8O4/edit?disco=AAAABx0MKy8

There we covered similar ground, but I think we still got to the same
point: theoretical/sales claims for hypervisors don't really offer any
magic advantage versus best-of-breed OS separation, and in any case we
still have to deal with the realities/threats of contended hardware.

br
Paul

<snip>