[trustable-software] Code of Practice on IoT: UK Government Report

trustable at panic.fluff.org trustable at panic.fluff.org
Fri May 25 14:32:41 BST 2018

I wonder how many people have read the "Secure by Design Report"

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/686089/Secure_by_Design_Report_.pdf
Co

It has a 13 point code
   1) No default passwords
   2) Implement a vulnerability disclosure policy
   3) Keep software updated
   4) Securely store credentials and security-sensitive data
   5) Communicate securely
   6) Minimise exposed attack surfaces
   7) Ensure software integrity
   8) Ensure that personal data is protected
   9) Make systems resilient to outages
  10) Monitor system telemetry data
  11) Make it easy for consumers to delete personal data
  12) Make installation and maintenance of devices easy
  13) Validate input data

How could they related to what we are doing with Trustable ?
We've talked about development and declarative instantiation and
behaviour, which sort of fits the integrity of the software. I wondered
what we might bring to the attention of the need to have software updated
and maintained..

Edmund