[trustable-software] Code of Practice on IoT: UK Government Report

Niall Dalton niall.dalton at gmail.com
Fri May 25 16:58:35 BST 2018

Indeed. Personally, I'd also consider 'keep software updated' to be
distinctly non-trivial. Consider rolling out an update to a fleet of
intermittently connected, intermittently powered, resource-constrained
clients. We need it to be secure, robust, atomic, fail-safe, and
reversible.  It has to complete in a timely fashion, and we have to know
how well we're doing (at least statistically). Plus, for added fun, updates
may trigger failures that the device would not have otherwise experienced,
both hardware and in the new software, and we may need to send out a
dueling update. Good clean fun for the whole family.