[trustable-software] System vs component properties: Safety

Paul Sherwood paul.sherwood at codethink.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 10:24:00 BST 2018

On 2018-09-10 13:25, Daniel Firth wrote:
> Paul has just kindly given me an overview of this approach to me and
> I'm blown away.

Ah, the impetuosity of youth :)

> Please let's make this capture tool principled from the outset. The
> 'reliability' of the capture tool is critical, and it being itself a
> component that produces signals it should form part of the overall
> model. For reliability of the capture tool I think the following
> requirements are crucial.

I'm not against what you're suggesting, but then I don't understand some
of it :-)

AFAIK there's an existing tool that we should at least try out [1]
before plunging into a new development... unless what you are suggesting
can be achieved in a small number of engineer-days, which I doubt?

br
Paul

[1] https://github.com/SE-Stuttgart/XSTAMPP