[trustable-software] What is Trustable About ?

Dan Shearer dan at shearer.org
Mon Apr 1 09:50:48 BST 2019

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 at 13:14, <trustable at panic.fluff.org> wrote:

> >> As i've raised several times on this list, it is my view that trustable is about 'harm'

Do you have work to support this idea? I am not familiar with the idea
of harm being applicable to software generally in a quantifiable way.
Risk, yes for sure and there is a large body of work on that.
Including absolute risk (as in, "don't use this software ever because
it cannot operate correctly, by design.") But not harm. Business, law,
compsci and mathematics can come to agreement on risk, because that is
well-trodden ground.

--
Dan Shearer
dan at shearer.org