[trustable-software] STPA Documentation Tool

Shaun Mooney shaun.mooney at codethink.co.uk
Mon Aug 19 12:16:45 BST 2019

Dear all,

Thanks to the work by Matt Green, Codethink have released a completely
free and open source tool for documenting STPA.

The tool facilitates the storage of analysis data and automates the
production of analysis documentation. It handles all of the analysis
data in a tree structure, automatically managing reference numbers for
all items, and data items can be linked and cross-referenced in the
structure. Having the tool manage all cross referencing and numbering
reduces a lot of effort. Everything is saved in plain text, which means
the the analysis data can be version controlled easily.

It is being hosted on flathub:

https://flathub.org/apps/details/io.trustable.stpadocumentationtool

Otherwise, the source can be downloaded and built from:

https://gitlab.com/trustable/stpa-documentation-tool

Currently it is only available for Linux, but it is our intention to
make this available for Windows as well.

As a free and open source project, we welcome everyone to use this
freely, and encourage any collaborators who would like to provide
improvements or feedback.

Kind Regards,

Shaun