[trustable-software] Trustable Mailing List Update

AMANDA BROCK amanda.brock at trustable.io
Wed Mar 20 13:39:19 GMT 2019

Good afternoon everyone,

I wanted to take the opportunity to circle back with you all and update a little on my email from February.

We are making good progress with Trustable and now have commitment to an Advisory Board, who will start to meet later this month. I promised an update on the board and wanted to share its make up with you:

CEO: Amanda Brock, UK
	Member – Allison Randal – Open Stack and OSI Boards, UK

	Member – Andrew Katz – Moorcrofts, UK

	Member – Carlo Piana – Array Legal and Euro IT Counsel, Italy

	Member – Jaclyn Tsai – Lee Tsai, Taipei

	Member – Jilayne Lovejoy, FINOS and SPDX, Linux Foundation, USA

	Member – Luis Villa – Tidelift, USA

	Member – Malcolm Bain – ACROSS Legal, Spain

	Member – McCoy Smith – Intel, USA

	Member - Sachiko Muto – OFE, Belgium

We will meet monthly by phone and over time, will meet quarterly face to face. It’s our intention to have these meetings be public and as they are organised details will be shared to allow attendance.

My hope is that we will build out membership to fund the ongoing Trustable work through a UK company limited by guarantee which will be a not for profit organisation - that avoids the restraints of a charity, allows tax efficiency and ensures that we are a not for profit organisation.

With members on board that will allow us to move to an elected Board, potentially towards the end of 2019 or early 2020.  We intend that the board will be made up of an even split of paid Members funding the organisation and individual contributors.

We are working to bring together the legal documents necessary to build a membership community and to be in a position to have an updated website splitting the Trustable work into 4 work streams. More on that to follow!

The work streams will be:
- Process
- Public Constraints
- Legal and Compliance
- Insurance

As we move to a new web site over the next week or two, we will start to work with mailing lists for each of these work streams and hope to build strong communities to support this work. Of course we will continue to use our Trustable Gitlab repository.

As always, I am happy to discuss or to answer any questions and welcome your feedback.

Best wishes

Amanda
Amanda Brock
CEO, Trustable