[trustable-software] Trustable process update

Paul Albertella paul.albertella at codethink.co.uk
Wed May 8 15:53:58 BST 2019

Hi,

I recently updated the trustable/documents repo [1] to clarify the goals
of the 'Trustable process' project, which you can read here:

   https://gitlab.com/trustable/documents/blob/master/goals.md

I've also reorganised the project structure and moved some older
material into a 'deprecated' directory.

For the benefit of new members of this mailing list: the aim of this
project is to develop a process-agnostic model and methodology that can
be used to analyse software engineering processes through the evidence
that they generate, and use the output of this to evaluate claims made
about the 'trustability' of the resulting software

We previously attempted to define the characteristics of Trustable
software in the form of the 'Trustable Hypothesis' [3], but this was
prescriptive regarding the type of software engineering processes used,
which we would like to avoid.

I am therefore working on a set of formal propositions to restate the
definition of 'Trustable software' from the original 'call to arms' [3]
in terms of a generic process ontology [4]: a set of elements and
concepts that can be used to model any software engineering process.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Regards,

Paul

[1] https://gitlab.com/trustable/documents
[2]