[trustable-software] t.opinion isn't t.feedback

trustable at panic.fluff.org trustable at panic.fluff.org
Wed Nov 27 10:19:23 GMT 2019

At the heart of the discussion around trust is the application of the mind
to the evaluation of the what data is capable of verification.

The centre of this debate is around the formal definitions that we use to
describe the process and the wording of what is involved.

This discussion is centred around a hange raised here
 	https://gitlab.com/trustable/documents/merge_requests/70

The debate raised is around the word feedback vs the use of the word
opinion.

In current policitical climate opinion is assessed perhaps negatively, but
within the dictionary definitions there are clear differences.

The Webster dictionary definition of opinion is clear in that it is a
view, judgement or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter.

The same dictionary definition of feedback is the transmission of
evaluative or corrective information about an action, event, or process to
the original or controlling source.

The nature of feedback is the deterministic approach and the lack of the
application of the mind (thought processes associated with this
validation)

In the case of determining the whether some action is approapriate when we
are addressing 'trustable' actions I believe at the heart of this is the
nature of the mind and thus the correct usage here is within opinion and
that associated formal definition.

I would argue strongly that this misuse of feedback is determental to the
delivery of the ideas we are trying to transmit

It is my view that the aforementioned merge is in fact damaging to this
discussion

Edmund