[Trustable-distros] Trying FOSSOLOGY on Buildstream

Jorge jorge.sanjuan at codethink.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 10:26:20 GMT 2018

Hi all,

Here is an example of how the reports generated by FOSSOLOGY look like.
I run the tool against Buildstream[2] as an initial experiment.

To generate this I used the higher level tools from FOSSOLOGY. I have
done this using their docker contained server [3] that you can talk to
from from a browser. This server offers a GUI with some features that
are yet to be understood.

We thought it would be a nice idea to understand how this report was
generated so we can generate it (or sub-stages of it) manually and pick
what it is more important to our CI pipelines.

Report attached. Do not focus on the details, just the format of it and
its contents for now.

[1] https://www.fossology.org/
[2] https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream
[3] https://hub.docker.com/r/fossology/fossology/

--
Jorge Sanjuan, Software Engineer                         Codethink Ltd
http://www.codethink.co.uk/