[trustable-software] : We've got this all wrong !

trustable at fluff.org trustable at fluff.org
Tue Apr 24 14:41:52 BST 2018

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018, Andrew Banks wrote:

> So in effect, you are saying "anyone can do it, whether they're suitably
> qualified or not" ?

> That normal/standard Engineering principles do not apply?

> Therein lies so many of the problems with the software industry!

     I'm suggesting that we don't have an agreement on what the measures
should be. For example certification for the BCS simply requires a degree
in a computing subject. There is no common body of knowlegde about
software development and what skills are important.

    So I agree we cannot measure it currently
Edmund